250g red leicester
Salt and pepper to season
2 eggs for egg wash
1) Boil water, add macaroni and cook until al dente
2) Melt butter in a pan and mix 2 tsp flour into it
3) Add 400ml milk gradually
4) Add both cheeses and cook until melted and the sauce is thick
5) Season with salt and pepper
6) Add cooked macaroni and thoroughly cover
7) Refrigerate mixture for one hour
8) Take mixture out and form into balls on another plate. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
9) Dip the solid balls in eggwash, then breadcrumbs
10) Fry in hot pan of oil until golden brown on both sides.